We’d like to tell you about Business Ideas Generation (B.I.G.) InternPrize. In this project trainers will learn a new style of training in entrepreneurship that is more inspiring for students by emulating TED talks making them more creative and more confident trainers. This will also make Vocational Education and Training more relevant in the lives of the generation of the always-connected through online distance education.
Laurence and Con were recently in Rome for a week of training around this project. This was part of the Community of Practice event; a Community of Practice consists of three interrelated terms: ‘mutual engagement’, ‘joint enterprise’ and ‘shared repertoire’ (Wenger 1998). Participants were shown the difference between giving a conventional lecture and standing up on the stage to give a TED style presentation, and each attendee researched a topic and delivered a presentation.
All the presentations were based on EntreComp: the European Entrepreneurship Competence Framework as a reference framework to explain what is meant by an entrepreneurial mindset. EntreComp offers a comprehensive description of the knowledge, skills and attitudes that people need to be entrepreneurial and create financial, cultural or social value for others. You can find out more about EntreComp here.
Watch Laurence’s inspiring presentation around the topic of ‘Not Giving Up’, from the Motivation and Perseverance competence of EntreComp Framework.
Con gave an excellent presentation around the topic of ‘Shaping your Future’ from the Self-awareness and Self-efficacy competence of the EntreComp framework. Con used Shopify as a case study and you can hear about this inspiring story on the presentation above.
You can watch some of the other presentations from the event here: https://ideasgeneration.viscontiproject.eu/BiteSizeContent
We’d like to thank Vis Med Net for this opportunity, it was a fantastic learning event.
If you’d like to find out more about the BIG InternPrize Project you can visit the website here: https://ideasgeneration.viscontiproject.eu/
The project will:
– establish a new structured and permanent form of relationship and cooperation between Vocational Education and Training and enterprise in a Community of Practice,
– introduce the use of bite size learning as a supplement to formal education, a new form of non-formal education that is totally mobile, flexible and easy to take up by a very wide variety of learners including those who are already starting or thinking of changing their studies or careers, who might be at risk of Early School Leaving due to disgruntlement with formal education and those who could possibly see the value to go back into education,
– train Vocational Education and Training trainers in mentoring and energising young minds to generate business ideas,
– experiment (and create a concrete example for future emulation and further development) of the use of peer review of the business ideas of students by entrepreneurs who will, in their turn, also serve as role models and
– inspire start ups with thought and due consideration of all economic, ethical, environmental, social responsibility and technical aspects necessary for a successful business rather than with improvisation and trial-and-error.
It is part of the InternPrize family of projects because it follows the philosophy that students study and learn while building their curriculum. It enables students to have something more to show than school qualifications to their future employers and to society when they leave school making them constructive entrepreneurs from the start of their career.