COMM UNITY is a project to amplify the voices of marginalized groups through the power of community radio. As a community-driven and community-owned platform, community radio enables these groups to express themselves and acquire new skills. The European Broadcasting Union (EBU) reported that individuals from smaller communities and ethnic minorities are significantly underrepresented on radio and television. Recognizing the pressing need for inclusive solutions that promote civic participation, the COMM UNITY project is dedicated to connecting marginalized groups with the broader community.
- To have a cross-European action to empower community radio organizations and volunteers to become an influential pillar of adult education in civic engagement of diverse and vulnerable groups.
- To empower vulnerable groups in our partner countries to come together thus realizing inclusion and integration through community radio and podcasting.
- We will work on overcoming the barriers to accessibility and outreach linked to disabilities, health, gender, education, cultural differences, socio-economic divide, geographical barriers, and discrimination of all forms.
- We will empower educators with innovative tools, and learners with the knowledge to become active citizens that have their voices heard.
- Community Radio and Inclusion Learning Programme for adult educators and community radios to adopt and use to educate diverse adult learners.
- Digital Badges to recognize and reward our learners with secure, portable, and shareable digital credentials. Create skills-based credential systems that connect learners to new opportunities.
- Community Placements Podcasts build the capacity of 12 community radio teams and adult educators to integrate our COMM UNITY content into self taught programmes and placements. It will be accompanied by the COMM UNITY PLACEMENTS GUIDE–a framework for adult educators & community radios to apply the learning from the learning programme.